Thursday, August 25, 2011

What's Your Sign?

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars

I had everything on my to-do list for today done by 10:00 a.m., which left me eager to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day.  I have tons of other things to do, but I need to talk to my boss, who is on vacation, about a few of the things so I didn't want to get started and then have to repeat work.

So, I decided to stop by the training room and visit with some of the new hires. One of them handed me a can labelled "Fancy Mixed Nuts" and asked me to open it.  It was one of those "surprise" gag gifts where a fake snake pops out.  I laughed, then started teasing them and the trainer about "fancy mixed nuts" -- what's so fancy about them?  The more I said the word nuts, the funnier and dirtier it sounded.  One of the new hires asked me, "What's your sign?"  I told her, "Scorpio."  She said, "I knew it!"  She said that she was a Scorpio, too, and that she just sensed from my personality that I was one too.

I eventually went back to my desk and then spent the rest of the day engaged in banter and comedy with my co-worker Gordon, while researching future training topics and watching the clock count down.

I used to really be into astrology at one point -- used to read my horoscope every day and get all excited about anything that sounded remotely interesting in the area of wealth or romance.  I used to buy the January issue of Cosmo to get their "beside astrologer" book that listed all of my compatible signs and romantic forecast.  It's been awhile since I've checked in on anything remotely astrological.

Let's see what the stars have in store for my personality.

Intense, powerful and passionate about things - that's the Scorpio approach to life. If Scorpio is your Sun sign, then Mars and Pluto, the planets which look after the sign will give you the concentration and strength to make anything that you want to happen, happen. It also makes you a fearsome enemy when control is taken away from you and you feel that somebody else is trying to manipulate your life for you.

This is true.  I do not like to be manipulated. 

If, as a true Scorpio, you could live your life without ever having to compromise your Scorpionic principles, then you would have total power over everybody, know everything there was to know about everybody and their motives, be completely hidden from everybody unless you willed otherwise and strike a mixture of fear and fascination into the hearts of those you choose to meet. The key to this passionate soul is the word power. Scorpios want it. Not the sort of show-off power of status symbols that your friends the Capricorns like, though you understand that very well, nor the physical power that blazes the Aries; what a Scorpio wants is the real stuff - the invisible, string-pulling, controlling sort of power that makes people move when you use it. Therefore the need for control and power are key factors in the Scorpio personality. To many signs, power has to do with the cause and effect of external events. To Scorpio, it has to do with the experience of self and self-mastery. "I will therefore I am" is the core of the Scorpionic scheme of things. To be out of control or to be under someone else's control are deathlike experiences for the classic Scorpionic mind. Scorpio is the sign of death, sex and transformation. Herein lies the divinity and the mystery of this sign, for each of these experiences has deep psychological value, the potential of which is great power.

Also, true.  I do like having power, but not in the sense of controlling others.  I like having the power to make my own decisions and make my own changes.

You are very, very secretive about your true feelings and wherever possible you try to keep them in check. You show feelings which are appropriate to the situation, sure, but your real feelings are a long way behind those and only you know what they are. If you keep your feelings under control, you think to yourself and you know how other people are going to behave, then you will always be in control of the situation. That's how it works most of the time.
Also, true.  I tend to "show" how I feel, but do not like to tell how I truly feel.  At least, not all the time.  Even in this blog, I tend to hold back.

Hard work and turning your ambitions into realities are natural to you; once you've decided, then that's it - you get on with it, control the situation and achieve it. This is attributed to Mars - energy in action. If things need changing to meet your requirements, then you rebuild them from their deepest foundations without a second thought. That's Pluto at work - the ability to start again from scratch if need be.
Yup - decided in 2005 that I was going to move to Virginia Beach by the time I turned 40.  I was here in October 2007, one year ahead of schedule.

Sex has profound power in the Scorpio mind. This influence is vast and psychologically pervasive. Sexually tuned into all circumstances, this awareness can lead to an emotionally intense experience of life. Therefore, Scorpios bear the legacy as the sexual sign of the zodiac. The power of sex is the power of connectedness. Sex can connect all aspects of ourselves - our minds, hearts, souls and sexual organs. Scorpio makes its connections in all kinds of ways and with much intensity. This makes you very attractive to the opposite sex.

Sex is natural, Sex is fun, Sex is best when it's one on one...  Thank you George Michael.  I have been told I'm overly sexual in mind, talk and interests.  Don't know about the "attractive to the opposite sex" thing.  Still single.  No boyfriend.  Therefore, the sex in my life is theoretical. But, I do want someone special to "bang". (This is a reference to Crazy, Stupid, Love. Click here to see what I mean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erzL1dZtg3Q)

Scorpio homes tend to be rather dark and densely furnished. You go for dark colors and for heavy and luxurious fabrics. Your taste in furniture is actually a close match for your taste in clothes: deep, dramatic reds are a frequent choice and so is black. 
Ok, this is not me.  I prefer light colors.  Pastels, ocean tones, nature tones.  My furniture is functional and comfortable and safely beige.  Now, I often think about, however, doing my bedroom in black and white with red accents.  But, it seems too bold.

Scorpio tastes in food are a combination of two factors: being a Water sign and being the astrological influence of the planet Mars. Being a Water sign means that you like your food moist and that you like it rather soft too. All dishes with come with a sauce or some other liquid dressing appeal to you. Smooth-textured food, whether savory like pates and souffles or sweet like cream desserts, is something you like very much. Mars governs all hot or spicy flavorings and any foodstuff which is red in color. This means that you like curry or chili; the flavor is hot, but the texture is soft, the way you like it. Finally, Scorpios drink a lot, as all the Water signs must to keep their body fluids levels correct. Mars' influence gives you a liking for strong spirits, though brandy is usually considered the Scorpionic favorite.
Hmmmm....  not really me.  I have a thing about texture.  Soft, mushy things are not a texture I enjoy.  I also do not like really spicy foods. 

Scorpios have distinct tastes in holidays. You like to go somewhere where there is an element of risk and excitement, where you might get yourself into a bit of an adventure. A holiday involving water sports also attracts you. There are various countries in the world which are associated with the sign of Scorpio. 

I do like adventure and fun.  Vegas is about the most exciting place I've ever been, though.  I love the water.  I will own a boat (and have a boat captain) someday.

Scorpio is penetrating, intense, resourceful, powerful, compulsive, determined, jealous, secretive, probing, suspicious, fascinated by hidden/taboo.

Why does this make me sound like the "SALLY" of the astrological signs?  I'm really not high maintenance at all.  Really.  Meet my needs and I'm good to go. 
Scorpios are fiercely independent. They are able to accomplish anything they put their mind to and they won't give up. They are perfectly suited to being on their own. They are not social butterflies like some other zodiac signs and some actually prefer to live on their own that way there is never any issue of who controls what at home, they like to be in control. 

Yup, treasure my independence.  Even wrote a blog called Miss Independent.  Go read it.

Relationships with Scorpio are always complicated, just like the person, their relationships are a series of extremes, they can even be downright moody for no apparent reason. Scorpios are known for their possessiveness and jealousy but on the other hand, they are extremely loyal. Scorpios have an excellent memory and combined with an inability to let things go, they can hold a grudge against someone who did them harm forever, in fact a Scorpio rarely if never forgives and forgets. They will even go as far as get vengeance on the person. On the other hand, they will always remember a kind gesture forever and repay it. Any kind selfless gesture done to a Scorpio will gain trust and respect which is extremely important to them in any relationship, either romantic or not. The best advice is to be honest with a Scorpio friend and in return, you will gain an amazing friend you will never forget and who will be loyal to you and never make false promises. Their truthful and shocking sense of humor is different than that of any other zodiac sign and the Scorpio makes an amazing, powerful interesting friend that can be trusted.  

Wow.  All I can say is -- Wow.

Scorpios have a fear of failure which they keep hidden extremely well, should their confrontation not be successful, or their career fail, they will simply use their adaptive skill to quickly move and and leave the bad experience behind. Do not ever expect them to fess up or share their tale with anyone however because this shows signs of weakness and Scorpio always wins, they are always the self-proclaimed best! One of the reasons they seem like they always accomplish their goals is because they set tangible short-term goals that they know they can accomplish, they know what they are capable of and this is what they go for. 

Hmmmm.....  I just mentioned in my "I want it that way" blog that I do not like to show weakness and that I consider it failure.
The Scorpio woman is very emotional, very demanding and very demonstrative. She is full of flair and intrigue, a fascinating woman that the strong A-type personality male will adore, for she presents the right amount of challenge with the right amount of rewards. The Scorpio woman is the ultimate seductive, flirtatious woman. She won't give a man her heart very easily because she is weary of trusting another person. The man will have to go through a series of 'mental tests' in order for the relationship to get solid and close. She may not show it, but she wants a close committed relationship. In order for this, the man has to be trusted, has to be affectionate and never try to control her. She is very possessive but the Scorpio woman is so full of mystery, sensuality and passion that most men do not mind being possessed by her.

This is probably why I'm still single.  Where are the strong men who can deal with this amazing package?

Never be fake with a Scorpio, they can see it a mile away. Be genuine with your comments and listen to them attentively, (they always have something interesting to say so this is never a problem!) Do not try to hide things from them or tease them, they always have to know what is going on. Remember, they are the only ones that are allowed to tease and present the mystery and intrigue! They like frankness and honesty, speak your mind they will respect that. Scorpios are interested in almost all activities, so finding something to do should never be a problem. They are unpredictable and could change course of the date mid-way though so take these last minute changes with a smile and try something different. They like people who are not afraid to ditch a plan and try another. In conversation, do not tell them that their opinions are wrong or shoot them down, they are too proud for this and even if it is a joke, they might not take it with the humor that you meant. Never try to control them but do not be the damsel in distress either, they like strong, real people with driving ambitious personality like theirs.

Based on this, I shouldn't be single. :) Sounds like an adventure to me!

Considered to be compatible with Cancer and Pisces.

Hmmm....  have never dated either sign.  Makes sense, though, since we're all water signs.

This is what my horoscope looked like for today (8/25/2011):
Stay busy today, Scorpio. Keep your mind occupied with basic tasks that need doing. You can accomplish a lot by multitasking, writing down a plan, and sticking to it. There is no shortage of things that need to be done so stop procrastinating. If you feel stuck on something, don't be afraid to ask for help. Friends and co-workers are your greatest resources right now.

This is my horoscope for Friday, 8/26/2011:
You might have some important work to do at home, Scorpio, but unexpected visitors might have other ideas for your day. Don't get angry or frustrated. Explain what's going on politely but firmly, and make arrangements to meet your friends later. They'll probably understand so there's no need to try to play host when your mind is somewhere else.

Oh, crap, Hurricane Irene is really coming for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment