Monday, August 15, 2011

What's Your Dream?



Several months ago, I was sitting at the red light at the corner of Rosemont Road and Bonney Road here in Virginia Beach, near my home.  

A blue car with a "Papa John's Pizza" sign on its roof pulled up beside me on my right.  I looked over and the driver held up a cardboard sign that said, "What's your dream?"  He motioned for me to put down my passenger side window.  

"What's your dream?" he yelled.  I was stumped.  Um, er...

"To be rich," I yelled back.  He shook his head.

"That's not a real dream.  What's your dream?" he yelled back.

Then, the light changed and I turned left.  He went straight.

I often think about that encounter.   What is my dream?  My real dream?

I think about what other amazing thing I could have yelled out that window that didn't sound so lame and that sounded more meaningful.

I know I joke about what I'd do if I won the lottery... but what is my REAL dream?  The one thing I want more than anything?  I have no clue.

Love?  

Friendship?

Laughter?

A passion?

A purpose?

I honestly don't know.

However, I saw the car tonight, in my apartment complex, so I think that means he works at the Papa John's near my apartment.

I'm going to figure out what my true dream is and drive over there and tell him.  I hope it doesn't freak him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment