Thursday, August 4, 2011

Love Potion # 9

I took my troubles down to Madame Rue
You know that gypsy with the gold-capped tooth
She's got a pad down on Thirty-Fourth and Vine
Sellin' little bottles of Love Potion Number Nine

Work for my part-time job has been scarce lately.  Go figure - I finally decide to take a real vacation to Vegas this year and need to save up "play" money, and now I'm scraping the barrel.  Hope it picks up soon.

While I've been clicking away for the past few hours, trying to get some work, I watched an old favorite movie of mine called LOVE POTION # 9.  It stars a barely famous Sandra Bullock as a nerdy scientist who stumbles upon some magic love potion that makes her irresistible to members of the opposite sex. As with most romantic comedies, there is a lot of confusion and mayhem as she struggles to find true love, which as with most romantic comedies, had nothing to do with the love potion.

Made me think -- would I use such a thing if it were given to me?

I went to an "adult toy party" a few weeks ago and the hostess raved about a pheromone spray which allegedly drives men wild. (Well, she's not going to say, "It's just fragrance and oil with a sexy name....") She even spritzed us with it.  I passed three men on my way to my apartment after the party and none of them dropped to their knees begging me to make them my love slaves. Abby, however, seemed to enjoy it.  (But, she loves me without the spray so her inappropriate licking and rolling around doesn't count.)

So, now, watching this movie...  my mind starts to wander.  What if I suddenly showed up at the nearest male-populated place, doused from head to toe in some "drives men wild" spray?  Would I really want that? What happens once the spray wears off?  Then what?

It's kind of like when you watch the Twilight Zone and there's some episode about someone wishing for something and be warned "Be careful what you wish for" and they wish for the object of their affection to love them passionately and insanely and then, the person is driven nuts by the constant attention, suffocating love, etc.  

So, I guess as cliche as it sounds, I wouldn't want a magic potion to make someone fall in love with me. 

However, I may be interested in borrowing some for a nice long weekend in Vegas.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.  Right? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment