Wednesday, September 14, 2011

God Don't Like Ugly

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are

I remember reading something once that said that if there's something we don't like about another person, it is usually because we see that trait in ourselves.

I'm in a weird mood tonight. 

For the past three weeks, I've encountered this lady at work during new hire training.  On the surface, she seems nice enough.  However, she's super-critical, kind of pushy, and frequently impatient.  She doesn't pay attention and then later, states that the material wasn't covered when I know that it was. 

Normally, I can shake off these people once they leave my classroom.

However, something is really bugging me.  She has a boyfriend.

I know I shouldn't be a hater.  I know that it's not my place to pass judgment.

However, it really irks me that she has a boyfriend.  A boyfriend that she's not particularly nice to on the phone.  I've overheard her talking to him a couple of times on the phone and she's very bossy with him.  She also talks about him -- like he's someone who annoys her and doesn't do things the way she wants him to do them.

I never understand why mean people have significant others and I consider myself a nice person and can't even get a smile from men my own age in public.

I'm just totally baffled.

Maybe I'm not the catch I think I am and the woman annoys me because deep down, I somehow think I'm like that.

I don't think I am... and I think I'd probably treat a boyfriend better.


But, I don't know.


She's having dinner with her boyfriend tonight, making a recipe I gave her with ingredients she bought at one of my favorite grocery stores.


And I'm listening to Bruno Mars, depressing myself and wishing I had something better to do than count down to a new Ghost Hunters episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment