Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blame It On The Rain

Well, I love a rainy night
I love a rainy night
I love to hear the thunder
Watch the lightning
When it lights up the sky
You know it makes me feel good

Well, I love a rainy night

It's such a beautiful sight
I love to feel the rain
On my face
Taste the rain on my lips
In the moonlight shadow

A friend mentioned today that he actually enjoys rain storms.

Not to steal his thunder (pun intended), I also like rain storms.  When I don't have to go anywhere.  I do not like driving in storms, but if I can stay inside, it's all good.

Right now, it's raining.  Like crazy.  The wind is blowing.  It's thundering and there is lightning.  This is the perfect night to just lie in bed and enjoy the rain.

I've done it before.  I've turned off all of the lights in my bedroom, opened the curtains, crawled up in bed and just watched the lightning.

I know most people are afraid of it, but I'm not.  Not really.  I'm grounded.  I don't talk on the phone, take a shower or stand on the roof with a kite in storms.  I should be ok.

I think I blogged about my "lottery dream house" and how it would have a wall of windows so that I can just lie in bed and watch the weather -- good and bad.  As scary and daunting as a hurricane sounds, I think I'd like to watch that from the safe "hurricane-proof" shelter of a nice comfy bedroom with a wall of shatterproof glass. 

I know it's only 7:40, but the rain is lulling me to sleep.

The second best thing to rainy nights -- rainy Sunday mornings.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment