Monday, October 10, 2011

Me, Me, Me...

I wanna talk about me
Wanna talk about I
Wanna talk about number one
Oh my me my
What I think
What I like
What I know
What I want
What I see

Am not feeling inspired to write a blog.  Not sure why.  Stuff has been happening but aside from writing about my weird dreams (and I had another one last night), I can't quite get the juices flowing.  Maybe I'm distracted by the fact that this might be my last week as a two-job working, semi-depressed office drone and that next week, I will be an independently wealthy, no job working, no longer depressed, former office drone who sleeps in every day and does whatever the fuck I want, whenever the fuck I want.
So...  how about another mindless list of things about me?  What the heck?

1.  My mom wanted to name me Crystal Dawn.  My dad had a grocery list with "Beverly Farms Milk" on it.  I became Beverly Jean.  Beverly after the milk and Jean after his oldest sister.
2.  I was born with blonde hair and had blonde hair until I was two.
3.  Macadamias, brazils, almonds, pecans and walnuts are my favorite nuts, in that order.
4. I love sleeping in a totally pitch black, so dark you can't see anything room, despite the fact I was afraid of the dark until I left for college.
5. I am tired of being invisible to people.
6. Sometimes, when I'm driving, I feel the urge to rear end stupid drivers in front of me who talk on their cell phones and drive like a$$holes.
7.  It bugs me when the creepy guy at work makes comments that I'm sexy and that he loves me in front of people.  I know he's harmless, but I don't feel flattered by it.  He's not what/who I want flirting with me.  I also know he has a daughter my age, so I wonder how he'd feel if someone was doing it to her.
8. I wish I had a room in my apartment like a "greenhouse" filled with all sorts of plants and flowers.
9. I like receiving flowers but I'd prefer a plant because it lasts longer.
10. I get excited just thinking what you might be like.  oops, that one just slipped in there.  I'm listening to Rick Springfield on Pandora as I type this.
11.  Clowns creep me out.  I blame Stephen King's IT.
12. I don't like to eat birthday cake after people blow out candles because all I can think about is the spit that was probably just blown all over the cake.
13.  I like hugs.
14. I don't like bugs.
15. I love when Abby cuddles up against me when I'm sleeping and I can feel her purring vibrations through the blankets. 
16. I wish more people read my blog.
17. I love when I can make a person laugh... genuinely laugh... and not that fake "I'm humoring you" type of laugh.
18. I like being called Bevy.
19. I worry about dying alone.
20. I love when little beams of sunlight sneak through the crack in my curtains in the morning and wake me up before the alarm clock, and I can just lie there and enjoy the sunlight.
21. I sit in my car for a couple of minutes every morning before work and listen to positive music and then give myself a pep talk for the day.
22. I think I was probably a better supervisor than I gave myself credit for being.
23. I've discovered that I really like Lifesavers "jelly" candies, especially the red ones.
24. One of my favorite things about fall is that you can buy candy apples in the grocery store.
25. I really do want to find the male version of myself someday, but only when both he and I ready for a real relationship.  
26. I kind of want to get a tattoo but I don't know what kind or where to get it.
27.  I lightened my hair color and no one noticed.
28. I love breakfast foods and could eat them for every meal.
29. Someone told me that "Jess" from the tv show New Girl reminds them of me sometimes and it made me smile, because she's my favorite character on tv right now.
30. Would probably have a one-night stand with someone in Vegas if the mood was right and the chemistry was good.
31. Thinks it would be fun to have a talk show like the Ellen Degeneres Show. 
32. Is getting a little burned out with Facebook but likes stalking people so I probably won't cancel anytime soon.
33. Thinks that when I win the lottery or hit it big in Vegas, I might look for a house on the Eastern Shore, despite my dislike of bridge/tunnel combinations.
34. Really wants a new mattress set.
35. Likes staying in motels/hotels.
36. Misses late night phone calls from good friends to just talk about anything and nothing for hours.
37. Would love to have my pick of super hero powers for a day.
38. Wishes my neighbors would pick up after their dogs.
39. Loves the smell and taste of cotton candy.
40.  Loves carnivals and fairs.
41. Cusses more than I used to.
42. Drinks more than I used to.
43. Would love to have lived in the 50s and 60s.
44. Thinks time travel would be way cool.
45. Wants a flashy red car, preferably something vintage and sporty.
46. Can't wait to go to Vegas.  So excited.
47. Is still craving butter pecan ice cream.
48. Is feeling kind of cranky and tired.
49. Is struggling to come up with 50 things.
50. Made it to # 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment