Friday, April 30, 2010

Day Eighteen

My Molly girl gave me a scare last night. She vomitted on the carpet and then stretched on her belly, face down on the carpet and I thought for sure she had finally given up and died. She didn't move or open her eyes when I said her name and I was afraid to touch her because I didn't want to deal with the reality that she might be dead.

Then, just when I was about to do it, she opened her eyes, snorted and got up very shakily and walked out of the room.

I found her sitting in her (clean) litterbox with her eyes closed. It was like she was meditating. I picked her up and carried her to my bedroom and held her in my arms and told her that if she was ready to go, it was ok. I'd understand. I cried a little and then I let her go and she slept very close to me all night.

She's still alive but seems not quite herself. When I came home from work, she was lying on the floor by her water dish, sound asleep. Right now, she's lying half on the sofa and half off, with her head and front paws over the edge, towards the floor.

I've never loved anything as much as I love Molly.

My one thing for today is that I sat in the sun, after work, for about 20 minutes just soaking up some Vitamin D and trying to clear away the week and get in a positive frame of mind for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment