Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day Two

I was sitting on my couch eating a tomato sandwich after work, flipping aimlessly through the channels... trying to find something "good" on. It seems like everything is in syndication these days -- no original programming to be found. So, I thought to myself, "Self, why are you paying so much for cable when you only watch three or four shows a week?"

I momentarily tinkered with the idea of canceling it altogether but couldn't quite force myself to go that far.

So, I called the cable company and pretended like I was thinking of canceling it. Adam was able to find a way to save me $12 a month. He didn't say what he did to find the discount, but $12 is $12. That's 1/4 of a tank of gas... or 12 chances at the mega millions ... or 12 rolls of scratchy toilet paper from the dollar store. That's $144 a year. I'll take it.

Maybe I'll wait a few more days and try it again. Maybe I can keep getting $12 discounts until they actually owe me money each month.

I also entered the "choose your favorite M&M" contest to try to win $50k. If I win, I'll give the cable company back their $12.

http://www.mms.com/us/vote/

No comments:

Post a Comment