Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day Fifteen

I don't know why I thought I'd be able to have more "normal" hours with the "downgrade" in my position at work. I was there at 7:30 this morning, had a 15 minute lunch and didn't get to leave until 6:30. Today, at lunch, some girl was talking on her cell phone to someone and she said, "Well, if they think they can work me to death and not pay me overtime, I'm going to sue them." I wanted to give her my name and number to include me. :)

My one thing for today is that I replaced the air filter on my furnace/air conditioning unit. I've noticed that I feel more sneezy lately and whenever the AC (or heat, depending on the temperature) comes on, there's this "dusty" smell in the air. So, in an effort to have a more efficient unit and to decrease bacteria, I replaced the filter. I didn't have to pay anything for the filter -- my apartment complex gives them away -- so I took advantage of a rarely used "perk".

Still no soda. I feel like I need a group session with someone because I really want one. I've been sipping on diluted apple juice to try to stave off my cravings for the stuff. I miss the fizz, the bubbles tickling my nose, the sound as I pour it into a glass. Hmmm.... maybe I need to switch to beer. It fizzes, has bubbles and makes sounds, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment