Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day One

For months, I've been complaining about my life and how I seem to have no control over what is going on in it. This isn't true. The truth is, it's easier to complain and do nothing than to do something and be responsible for my own actions.

I've decided that the time has come to stop complaining and start doing.

I realized that I am most successful if I have an action plan -- a goal -- to work towards.

Here is my goal: one year from today, I will not be living the current life I'm living.

Seems simple enough, right?

My plan is to do one thing each day to try to change my life. It doesn't have to be a big thing or expensive thing or monumental thing. But, I will do something. The biggest area of my life in need of help is my career but I also plan on addressing diet, exercise, social life, relationships, money, etc.

Like a rock tossed into a lake, one small ripple creates another ripple that creates another ripple and eventually the entire lake is changed by that one motion.

This blog will be my account of my small ripples in hopes that one year from now, all of those ripples will have changed my life in some meaningful way.

I am also opening this up to you all to share what you do to make your life more meaningful and for you to suggest things to me as well to try.

So, what did I do today?

I began soul-searching about possible future career options and updated my resume. I want to start internally at work for something new there.

4 comments:

  1. Looking good! Best of luck on the Life Changes. One day at a time. Good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Beverly! I can't wait to see what life has in store for you..the sky's the limit. I think we all get caught up in our day to day lives and forget that if we want to change things, they don't happen on their own. Setting goals, and taking action, that's how we change our lives. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! And your first step is a good idea. I will be following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is A.W.E.S.O.M.E. I'm already feeling inspired!

    ReplyDelete