Monday, April 26, 2010

Day Fourteen

I had a vacation day today. It felt good to sleep in on a Monday morning -- until the fire alarm went off in my apartment building, scaring the crap out of me. I was in a mad scramble to try to get dressed, find Molly, find Molly's crate, shove my favorite photo album in a tote bag, find my purse and get to the door. My heart was racing. I opened the door and there was no fire to be seen. No other neighbors rushing around. I called the rental office and they told me that they were testing the fire alarm system. I suggested that they may want to tell people that. The young lady responded, "We didn't think of it to be honest." Sheesh.

I ran some errands and then helped the economy by getting new tires on my truck. Sheesh. The words "inexpensive tires" just do not exist in reference to a SUV, even a "small" SUV. I was able to haggle a slight discount on the alignment service but not much.

Then, I decided to browse a couple of clothing stores, looking for spring bargains. I found two casual knit tops for $4.99 each. A great deal. I discovered that they were actually pyjama tops that had somehow gotten separated from their bottoms and were marked down. You can't tell they are pyjama tops. They look like regular t-shirts. In fact, I found a t-shirt in the store made of the same material and style for 4 times the discounted price of the pyjama top.

A few years back, I bought some capri pants in the sleepwear section of Target for much less than if I had bought them in the active wear section.

So, my "one thing" for today is that a little creative shopping can add to your wardrobe and save on your budget and no one will know any difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment