Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day Nineteen

I spent most of the day being held hostage at the car dealership while my car was inspected and had its oil changed. The dealership offers "free" inspections and oil changes as a thank you for buying the car there. The price is that you have to wait hours for the free work to be completed.

After I left the dealership, I stopped at the pet store to get some food for Molly (to try to entice her to eat) and there were kids outside trying to sell cloth grocery bags to raise money for a school trip. No one would make eye contact with them. I felt sorry for them, especially this one earnest little boy who was standing there professing all of the great qualities of using cloth over paper and plastic.

I bought a cloth bag from him and applauded him on his strong salesmanship skills. He looked so pleased. He went running over to this woman, whom I assume was his mother, and said, "See, I knew someone would buy one."

So, that made me feel all warm inside.

1 comment: