Thursday, May 13, 2010

Days Twenty-Nine, Thirty and Thirty-One

Yes, I've been slacking again. Sorry.

Trying to adjust to having a hyperactive kitty in the house. She kept me awake until 3:00 a.m. Monday night, exploring everything and getting into everything. I'd start to doze off and hear a crash and have to go see what she was into. She likes knocking things over and looking at me like, "It just happened, I swear." She is going to think her name is Abby No or Abby Down.

Tuesday night was a little better. I went to bed at 10:00 and she jumped up on the bed with me. I held her close to my side and rubbed her forehead and ears, calming her down. She felt asleep beside me with her head on my pillow. She slept for about an hour. Then, sometime during the night she discovered the joy of sleeping on my legs and feet. Fun for her. Not so much for me.

Last night, I was exhausted from having a headache all day at work and went to be around 8:30, while it was storming outside. She fell asleep beside me and seems to enjoy cuddling. She woke me up at 5:30, ready to play. She has this gray furry mouse that she carries around by the tail and she whacked me in the head with it a couple of times. I got up and played with her then while she was distracted, went back to bed for another 30 minutes or so.

Today, I had another therapy session. It makes me nervous how she keeps encouraging me to get fired. "Don't worry about it! You'll get unemployment, medicaid and food stamps. You can apply for assistance." Um, and if I don't qualify? Then, what? (sigh) My "free" sessions are over now. I think I may try to find someone else. I am not really getting anything out of the visits. The last time I went to therapy, the therapist would give me homework assignments to do so that we could explore issues and feelings. This lady is determined for me to do something at work to "have my voice heard" and get fired. She seems to think that getting fired will empower me. Guess she's never had to worry about paying rent or having a car repossessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment