Thursday, May 20, 2010

Days Thirty-Five, Thirty-Six and Thirty-Seven

Maybe I should have called this blog "52" for 52 weeks instead of 365 for 365 days. I'd feel less stressed about missing a few days of blogging.

I'm still drinking water. I think I may have lost some weight. My belly isn't as close to the steering wheel as it used to be.

The new cat has worms. Joy. Nothing grosser than seeing a worm crawl out of the cat's butt while you are petting her. So, now I'm learning the joys of deworming a cat and cursing the shelter for not doing it for me. She's still quite high maintenance. She's clingy and hyper. She likes sleeping on my feet, which I do not enjoy. She's also a biter. She thinks she's being playful but it hurts. I'm tired of saying "Abby No" or "Abby Down." I'm suffering through a case of buyer's remorse right now. I keep hoping that she'll realize she is in a stable home and will calm down. I like that she likes me but I also want her to just go away sometimes so I can have some peace. I have to close doors now for some peace, which I never had to do with Molly. A couple of times I thought about calling the shelter and asking if I could trade her in for one of the more passive quieter cats but I don't know that I could stand the look on her face when I leave her. I've also thought of getting another cat to keep her company but I fear she'll kill it when I'm not here. She practically mutilated the toy mice I've bought her.

Had a phone interview today for a part-time job at financial company. I hope they call me with an offer and that it leads to something greater.

Now, I'm off to a therapy session. I think I'm going to fire her. I don't feel like my visits with her are productive. I called the Employee Assistance Program people last night and asked them to find me another therapist. I don't appreciate my therapist's "tough" approach. She just keeps telling me that I'm a smart person and that I know what I need to do and then stares at me as if to challenge me. I was hoping for some exercises or materials I could use to help me be more assertive, less stressed and not worry so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment