Thursday, November 17, 2011

When Are You?

It's so dreamy
Oh, fantasy free me
So you can't see me
No, not at all
In another dimension
With voyeuristic intention
Well secluded, I see all

With a bit of a mind flip

You're into the time slip 

I had a really weird dream last night.

In the dream, I was at work.  But, not the place where I work now.  The place was huge.  Rows and rows and rows of high walled cubicles, a lot of noise, chatter and other office-type noises.  It felt semi-industrial.  A female co-worker came up to me and asked me, "Did you get my email?" but before I could answer her, another woman came over and said, "I need to use your computer!" and pushed me aside.  My email was open and I was afraid she would see my personal emails.  

Then, my desk phone rang and the caller ID said, "Incoming call from Shawn."

I answered it and this male voice (which sounded a lot like a current male co-worker's voice, whose name is not Shawn) said, "Is your refrigerator running?"  I responded very professionally, "I'm sorry.  I can't speak right now.  I will call you later." and I ended the call.

Meanwhile, the one female co-worker was standing by my next waiting on me and the other one was typing furiously at my computer.

The phone rang again.  Incoming call from Shawn.  I answered.

"Do you know what the current market price for rice in China is?" the male voice asked.  Then laughed.  I again responded professionally that I couldn't talk and ended the call.  I made an apologetic face and shrugged at the female co-worker who was waiting so patiently for me.

The phone rang again.  Incoming call from Shawn.  "Hey, so are you going with us or not?" the male voice asked.  "Going where?" I asked, deciding the hell with the woman who may or may not have been my boss who was sitting 5 feet away.

"Wings.  I sent Deb over to see if you wanted to go.  We're going to Buffalo Wild Wings."  (The female co-worker in my dream really is a current co-worker, whose name really is Deb.)

"When?" I asked.  I looked at the female co-worker and mouthed "Wings?"  She nodded and pointed at the unread email on my computer.

"Now.  You going or not?" the male asked.  I responded yes and then told the woman using my computer that I had to go.  I walked away with the female co-worker.  We went in an elevator to the parking garage of the building and then climbed into a red car.  (I drive a green SUV and so does the female co-worker. My current job does not have an elevator or a parking garage.)

We were driving all over town, but it wasn't Virginia Beach.  It was this confusing town with narrow streets and oddly named streets.  I felt like I was in a foreign country.  It was very unsettling.

Then, my car phone rang and I pressed a button on my dash to answer it.  Incoming from Shawn.

"Hey, we're here.  Where are you?" he asked.  I told him I had no idea where I was.  I told him we were lost.

"Well, when are you?" he asked.  "When am I?" I asked, feeling confused.

"Yeah, I'm in 2021!" he said. 

"2021?" I repeated, shocked and amazed at the same time.

Then, I woke up.

Apparently I have time-traveling friends in my dreams. Time-traveling friends named Shawn, who sound like Gordon, and who invited me and another person to have wings. 

Ten years from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment