Saturday, November 26, 2011

What Does the Future Hold?

Pennies in a well, a million dollars in the fountain of a hotel.
Fortune teller that says maybe you will go to hell.
But I'm not scared at all...hmm hmm hmm hmm hmm

The cracks in the crystal, the cracks in the
crystal ball.

Sometimes you think everything is wrapped inside a diamond ring

Love just needs a witness and a little forgiveness
And a halo of patience and a less sporadic pace and
I'm learning to be brave in my beautiful mistakes.

Everyone has that one thing that when you find out about it, you pause and go "Oh wow.  I never would have thought that about you."

Mine is that I believe in psychic ability.  

I've always been a superstitious person, intrigued by astrology, rituals, white light and forces greater than you and me that guide us.  As far back as I can remember, I've always read my horoscope, checked compatibility charts and checked the moon phases to help explain weird mood behavior.

I know many people scoff psychics and I'm sure psychic ability is based more on a person's intuition and ability to pick up on vibes than it is about closing the eyes and magically "seeing" the future.

I believe everything happens for a reason and that there are powers and forces guiding us to our destiny.  I believe in fate and signs.  I believe that the power of positive thinking and white light can help a person through a rough time just as much as prayer can.

I have had my "fortune" told three times in my life.  

The first time, I was in my early 20s, living in Marietta, Ohio and working in child care.  I lived in a boarding house with several other women.  One of the women worked in a nursing home and told us about this woman there who could "read" people.  Out of curiosity, I went to visit my house-mate at work and she introduced me to the woman.  The woman held my hand and then told me that she saw a few things about my future life.  She said that the letter "K" was going to be significant in who I marry and that I would not have any children of my own, but that I would help raise a daughter.   Intriguing for sure.  I remember telling my friends and co-workers about it and of course, it became a joke to them.  "Oh, watch out for those guys you meet at K-mart... Kroger... Knights Inn...."  I filed it away. 

The second time was while I was living in Columbus.  A co-worker told me about a woman who did readings from her home who gave you a cassette recording (yes, I still have the cassette) of your reading.  I think I paid $50 for 30 minutes.  The woman knew nothing about me prior to my visit.  I hadn't given her any information other than my first name.  I used my work phone number so that she couldn't "look me up" or do homework before I arrived.  She asked me some questions about my life, which kind of bothered me because I wanted to say, "You're the psychic.  You tell me."  But, I know not everyone has the same kinds of abilities.  She used Tarot cards and palm reading as her main tools.  After a few moments, she finally spoke and told me that she saw long-distance travel in my near future, a marriage later in life and that my relationship with my father would be a driving force in future relationships.  She said a few other things but, to be honest, they were vague and didn't make much sense to me.  The entire reading, except for the part about my dad, was rather vague.  I didn't do any sort of traveling near the time of the reading.

The third time was at a holiday party for work, right before I moved to Virginia.  They hired a fortune teller and I decided to take a stab at it.  I had one of my co-workers sit with me as a "witness".  The woman had no way of knowing me or anything about me prior to the session.  I expected some fluffy promises about good fortune and holiday cheer.  After all, it was a work function.  She could have been a hotel employee for all we knew.  However, this was not the case.  Within a couple of minutes, the woman told me that there was a male in my life who had a negative influence and hold over me.  She told me that he was cruel and manipulative and that he often took credit for my achievements.  She then said a letter of the alphabet that she was seeing and sure enough, the guy I was interested in at the time, had a name that started with that initial.  He was cruel and manipulative and he did try to take credit for my achievements.  The woman shook me to the core.  My co-worker was quite speechless as well.  The woman told me that I needed to end the relationship and move out of his power and that he was not the one for me.  She said that as long as I was with him, I'd never be able to live the life I was destined to live.   I had been at a turning point and had been in the process of breaking away from the person so her words hit me right where it mattered.  She told me, as well, that there was someone for me, but that it wasn't him and it wasn't soon.  She said I had to get to know myself again before I'd be ready for a serious relationship.

So, that said, the past couple of months, I've been getting "spam" emails from a "psychic" telling me that she has urgent news for me.  How she got my email address, name and date of birth is beyond me but probably from some Facebook app that pulled information or some other product or service sold my information.  I kept deleting them.

Then, a few days ago, I opened one of the emails out of curiosity and it basically said that someone was trying to harm me and that she wanted to help me before it was too late.

I clicked the link to "purchase" the reading and "safety" ritual she promised to provide me.  It was $15 and I blow that on lottery tickets in a month so I decided what the heck -- decided it would be good blog fodder if nothing else.

I got the results/reading today.  I have to admit, some of it was kind of disturbing.  It said that there was someone in my life who is threatened by me and has decided, within the past few months, to try to harm me, my reputation and the respect that others have for me.  The psychic cautioned that it may or may not be someone who immediately comes to mind and that I may not even be aware of the damage being done.  The reading went on to say that this person may not even be aware themselves of the damage they are doing and that the harm is being caused as a result of other actions they are taking, possibly to protect themselves.  

The psychic then offered up a ritual to rid myself of the bad energy to to cloak myself in a protective shield that will keep this negative energy from corrupting my intrinsic good energy.

I needed to buy a few things that a trip to the local health food/holistic store today provided: a white candle, some rosemary oil, some mint leaves...

I did the protection ritual tonight.   What the heck, right?   It suggested that I do it within a few days of a new moon (which was last night) and then carry around a photo of someone or something I want to watch over me until the next full moon and then the protection will be complete.

I'd like to bring back the positive energy I had surrounding me until a few months ago.  I'd like to rid my life of negative forces trying to keep me down.

The "psychic" may very well be a computer program that would generate the same response to you.

All I'm out is $15.  And the cost of a candle, some mint and some rosemary oil.

I'm willing to take the chance.

If it doesn't work, I still have the mint and rosemary oil.  They smell nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment