Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thank You!

You've been so kind and generous
I don't know how you keep on giving
For your kindness I'm in debt to you
And I never could have come this far without you
So for everything you've done

You know I'm bound...
I'm bound to thank you for it

I want to thank you
For so many gifts
You gave with love and tenderness
I want to thank you

This Thanksgiving, I am thankful for:

Friends who know when to take themselves seriously and when not to take themselves seriously.
Friends who know when to take me seriously and when not to take me seriously.

Friends who seem to sense when I need a hug, laugh or smile.
Friends who open up to me when I sense they need a hug, laugh or smile.

Musical artists like Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat who can sing positive music that puts me in a good mood.
Musical artists like Adele who can sing songs that provide the perfect soundtrack for when I'm in a bad mood.

Selfless people who give to others without expecting anything in return.
Selfish people who make me appreciate the selfless people more.

Facebook for allowing me to spill my guts daily in 144 characters or fewer.
Blogger for allowing me to spill my guts almost daily with way more than 144 characters.

My 6 blog "followers" and 7 "email subscribers".  I am grateful to know someone reads what I write.  I know I shouldn't care if anyone reads it or not, but it somehow makes me feel good to know that someone is there to witness my life and will be there to tell my stories in the event I can no longer do so.

My health in a year where I've lost several former classmates who were far healthier than I am to sudden death.

Abby who loves me unconditionally and who lets me love her unconditionally.  I don't care if she's fat and she doesn't care if I'm fat.  She makes me laugh daily and I can always count on her at bedtime to cuddle up beside me and give me some kitty loving before we both fall asleep.

The Virginia Lottery Commission for giving me hope at least once a week that I will win the lottery some day and be able to quit the day job and challenge the adage that "money doesn't buy happiness".  I'd rather be rich and miserable than poor and miserable.  I'd at least have a personal chef, bodyguard, personal assistant and posse to share my misery if I was rich.

Boston Market for providing my Thanksgiving meal so that I can be a total bum all day tomorrow.

My part-time job for introducing me to a few other "smart allecky" types who help make doing the job fun.  I also appreciate the extra income it brings in.

New friends and co-workers who make going to work bearable.

The movie Crazy Stupid Love for making me realize that my heart is not frozen and that I do want to fall in love again some day.  With the male version of me (who has my "good" traits... not the "bad" traits.)


New TV shows like New Girl, Suburgatory, Once Upon a Time and American Horror Story for giving me something other than the typical and over-done crime shows to watch.  I'm happy to see that there is a show that celebrates being quirky and oddball.  Gives me hope that I will find the male version of me some day.
 
Ativan.  Such a tiny little pill but oh so helpful when panic attacks hit.

My strength.  I've had some rough patches this year.  That which does not kill me makes me stronger.  Soon, I shall be able to lift cars with one hand.

You.  You know why.  If you don't, ask me.  I'll tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment